Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Back Porches ...

I have given into the world of "blogging" - I guess this is just a place for my thoughts to be read and its named Back Porch Conversations because my two favorite places are the front and back porch of my grandparents and parents house. Growing up I would sit on my grandparents porch and watch the trucks and cars go by, it never failed you saw someone you knew. Grandma had these chairs that weren't really rockers as much as they were bouncers, I loved sitting in them. They were just the right size for me to curl up and "bounce" as traffic went by. Late in the evening though the most relaxing place to sit was the Back porch, thats where the rocking chairs were and it would be us (whoever from the family was there) and nature. It was always so peaceful. We could hear the bugs making their noises and see lightning bugs dance through the yard. The occasional buzz of the bug zapper just meant some bug (hopefully a mosquito) lost its life. We would talk about anything and everything and everyone. ha ha I tell you we solved the worlds problems from the back porch of Springer Drive. Even now when I need to be alone and need to spend some time with the Lord, just hearing His voice, I make my way to the back porch. I am thankful that the back porch can't talk - oh the secrets it could tell of my conversations with the Lord. So I guess, when I am away from my parents and grandparents, the back porch is only in my heart. So, here goes public conversations from my back porch ...

4 Comments:

  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can't believe this! just LAST WEEK i was talking to my mom about thinking about starting a blog and you did it first! PUNK!! hahaha ! love and miss you! :)
    JOY

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger DR said…

    TLW thoughts...good to hear!

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger hewessa said…

    SO I STARTED ONE!! haha :)

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger hewessa said…

    To talk a lot, we sure didn't know that either one was thinking about starting a blog! I think you may know some of it, but you will be surprised (and encouraged or challenged) by some of as well! We shall see..... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home