Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Nations ...

So, my thoughts wander most days ... and more often that not it wanders to my future and what it will consist of. The first thing that always comes to mind is AFRICA, my heart. Then it goes to all the nations, what will it be like in heaven. On Sunday morning as I helped lead worship I couldn't help but sing at the top of my lungs:
SOON AND VERY SOON
WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING,
SOON AND VERY SOON
WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING,
SOON AND VERY SOON
WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING
HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH
WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE KING!
Then I thought, I wanna go now! (being a brat of course) I want Jesus to come back on that bright cloud and get us - I wanna go home! Then I think how unfair that is, there are people ALL OVER the globe that have not heard the name of Jesus and I think well lets go tell them. But its so much more than that. I know my thoughts are elementary and I am learning, the Lord is showing me how its not totally necessary but incredibly important to understanding him to know theological things. Anyways, somebody once said you can't just go riding up on a truck and scream John 3:16 at the village and then look to the heavens for Christ to come back. Its more than them hearing its them understanding. WOW! Makes me wonder if He will ever come back ... but He Promised. :-) Then I begin to threaten to quit school and run away to the remote parts of Africa, heck I'll go anywhere if it hastens the return. Here's my thing - I want my life to be worship to the Father, yet I stink at that. In heaven, thats our job 24/7 worship the King, unhindered, totally focused. Oh, how I pray that my life would be that way here and now.

Countdown: 10 days 'til I leave for SOUTH AFRICA! :-) BLESS THE LORD!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger hewessa said…

    i see you got it all figured out...why must it be so compicated!! haha :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home