Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Enemy

I hate the enemy! I just want that stated. I can't stand him - but I am not gonna let him win! I realized this morning that I was down and I was letting those "little things" bother me and then it hit me - the enemies plan. If he can get me down and discouraged (my dad just preached on this on Sunday) then I will not be as excited about what the Lord is doing now and about to do. John 10:10 "The thief comes to steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly." This verse came to mind as I was talking to the Lord - what a reminder - he came for US to have LIFE and not just plain life but ABUNDANT LIFE! What a promise!! If I let the enemy steal my joy and get discouraged than I am no longer effective for the Kingdom - how sad to not be effective because of a bad attitude. The Lord has too many WONDERFUL things in store. Things I have to trust him for, things that I don't understand, things that I wonder "how could it be better than that?" , things that I don't see how they will ever work out and get better. The Lord knows, and I have to rest in the fact that He will tell me when the time is right.
Resting in Him ...

Countdown: 9 days til I leave for SOUTH AFRICA. (finally single digits)
6 days til I am back in AUBURN!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home