Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Finally ...

I know I have been home for a week and a half and have not posted - I apologize!! Its been crazy since I got back!!
I could tell story after story of funny things and I could share picture after picture ( I have at least 660) but I don't know that you would truly understand.
The Lord was faithful to teach. He taught me more of himself, in a much deeper way than I ever imagined. He was faithful to teach me in the moments that I thought what am I gonna get out of this. Most importantly He was faithful to teach the youth of South Africa of Himself. We know of many professions of faith - we also know that the gospel was shared - there was NO denying that. We shared at every opportunity. I mean literally every opportunity. I know that on average I personally shared the gospel at least four times a day and there were sixteen of us on the team ... :-) May not seem like a lot - trust me it was! :-)
I know too that my heart has grown fonder of that country, really that continent. I was fine leaving Shelly Beach, sad but fine, I was even fine flying out of Durban, sad to say bye to the Flippo's but ok, but flying out of Jo'berg meant leaving the continent. My heart broke - literally broke. I felt even more in my heart the Lord calling me back. As I sat crying on the plane the sweet lady next to me patted my leg and said "Its okay darlin' if the Lord has called you here, He will bring you back. Just Trust Him and don't lose your heart. " (Yeah I just cried more)
As I dream of one day going back - the Lord just reminds me that He has a plan ... a good one, one beyond my imagination. How exciting?? The Lord did remind me that right now I am called to be a student at Auburn University in Auburn, AL and be the best student I can be. I am to bring Glory to His name and share His name. I realized just how easy it was to find the Lord in everything you do and how easy it can be to share with students that I sit next to, people I encounter, why should I care what they think?? Just share the best thing that has ever happened to you!!
Once I write my report letter to my supporters I'll post it!! :-)
Thanks again for the prayers! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger alfoshee said…

    your heart for the nations ecncourages me, your heart for the Lord blesses me. Its neat to see your passion, I can relate in some ways with this post. Looking forward to sitting and talking with you face to face. I'm blessed by you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home