Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Stunned Waitress

Saturday was my 21st Birthday - and it was a great one! My parents took me out to dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, gave me WAY too many presents and then we went and saw "The Devil Wears Prada" which even my Dad enjoyed. I think the funniest part of the evening out was as soon as we sat down and the waitress brought us our chips, salsa, and yummy green dip (not guacamole - way better) my Mom told her it was my 21st birthday. We then proceeded to order our drinks, My Dad: a Diet Coke, My Mom: Water with Lemon and Me: a Diet Coke to which the waitress repsonded: You are going to have a DIET COKE on your 21st Birthday! I just smiled and said Yes, I am.
That may not be funny to anyone else but it sure seems funny to me. It was as if just because now I could legally drink, I had to. I have never had a drink before and I don't think just because I can I should. Thats a whole different subject ... Anyways I just wanted to share that you DON'T have to get wasted just because you are 21 and legally can... Here is just another thought - a lot of the people that I know that get drunk on their birthday its not their first time to drink anyways so why the big fuss ?!?!
Oh well ... I only have another day and a half of work left so I should get to work :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger hewessa said…

    so you are one of those "i don't need alcohol to have fun" people......hahaha! GOOD!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home