Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Gospel

Colossians 2:8
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than Christ."

I met a girl on campus Tuesday night who this verse fits to a "t". She had a "very open minded" approach to "spirituality". "There are many ways to heaven" and she has "gathered them and combined them through teachings at Auburn and other readings". Pretty much my heart broke - A place that I love soooo dearly has all but led this girl to hell. She has been truly decieved by the philosophy of this world. I realized that there were many out there but I encountered two in a row who were very open about their lack of a relationship with Jesus. Both girls mentioned works getting you to heaven and all I could think was - by grace alone, through faith alone, through CHRIST alone. My prayer as we walked away became all the more that the Lord would awaken souls on campus that hearts would turn towards Him. AUBURN UNIVERISTY NEEDS A SAVIOR!!!!!! I had to rest in the Savior Tuesday night that "his word would not return void." Then on Wednesday night I get to College Bible Study and the Holy Spirit in His ever famous way has Clifford preaching on John 3:1-16 about being Born Again. Why didn't I think of that Tuesday night?!?! I am prepared now Devil - Bring it on!

John 3:5-8
Jesus answered, " I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless He is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be suprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

1 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Terri Leigh, I just want you to know what a blessing you and your heart for the lost are to me. I love you girl, Terri Sollie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home