Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Near to GOD


Psalm 73:23-28

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by your right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into your glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and heart may fail; but God is my strength of my heart and my portion forever. Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near GOD. I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

I wish I could do justice to explain how this verse/verses has comforted my heart and spurred me to further repentance. Sometimes I think the heart is a tricky thing and all I know to do right now is to be near to the LORD, when all else is confusing and not right, the Lord is ... How faithful. My heart has grown weary of the pettyness of the world but at the same time longing to see it all change. I just want to bring Him glory ...

Oh that my rebellious heart would stop wandering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home