Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

If only I weren't a baptist ...

I would dance in the aisles!
Pretty much thats been the thought in my head, especially this last Sunday (esp. Sunday night) if you were anywhere near me you could probably see me dancing. It was all I could do to not jump up and down and dance ... :-)
The Lord has been so good lately!!! He has given me a renewed heart for ministry, specifically at Auburn University and a heart the just longs to see the nations bow their knees. A friend gave me a CD last week and I finally put it in and if you see my driving around town I am singing at the top of my lungs ... anyways one of the songs says "How can hearts not love your name, and how can souls not sing your praise?" I truly have wondered that the last few days!! How can they hear your name and reject it? How can their inmost beings not just be consumed with the praise of the Lord?
This weekend I was able to go to "Bodies - the Exhibition" in Atlanta, which was by far the coolest thing I have seen. It was dead bodies, I know gross, that they have displayed so that you can see how the body really works. LITERALLY everything about us screams "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." I was blown away and I have had the biologies, the anatomies, the physiology classes but to see REAL human bodies ... AMAZING!! The Lord has wired our bodies to PRAISE HIM so when we don't I am convinced we are going against what is best for our bodies! :-)

Psalm 103:1-5

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his Holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle is."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger hewessa said…

    i am really interested in meeting that friend of yours that gave you that cd....seems like a super cool person! love you! :)

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger alfoshee said…

    i'll be dancing in the aisles with you my dear. Praise Be to the God and Father of our Salvation. You bless me. Waiting on our date...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home