Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lessons from Linen ...

So, I have been reading through Jeremiah for what seems like forever and am still not hardly into it at all ... I am learning which is good, but these people are ridiculous :-) I am reminded of myself often while I read it ... :-)
I want to encourage everyone to read Jeremiah 13:1-11. Too much to type it all out but its AMAZING! It was such a perfect picture to me of what my life is like sometimes.
Quick summary (TL style):
Lord tells Jeremiah to go buy a Linen belt and put it on. He does. Then the Lord says go hide it under a rock. He does. Some days later the Lord says go get the belt I told you to hide. He does. He finds it ruined and utterly useless. The Lord compares the belt to the pride of Judah and Jerusalem.
Now the verse that rocked me:
vs. 10 "These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the stubborness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them, will be like this belt-completely useless!"
YIKES! Really though, this is so true. When I follow the ways of the world, spend a few days out of the word, or don't care; I become USELESS for the kingdom. Here is the other thing, a Linen belt was the closest thing to the body in those times, shouldn't the word of the Lord be the closest thing to my heart? Then why do I follow the stubborness of my heart? So in the last week I have realized that there have been far too many times that I have hidden under the rock - I am ready to dance on it!

Who would have thought that you could learn SO much from fashion? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home