Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Truly Believing ...

(Sorry it's been so long - like forever - School is busier than EVER and of course life is CRAZY - but the Lord is so faithful to teach me - I just don't always have time to "blog it" for ya'll to read)

This Sunday during church I was reading further ahead than the preacher was preaching and I ran across this verse that I have read a gazillion times but something on Sunday made me think ...
John 4:42 "They said to the woman, 'We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."
WOW! They knew when they heard His voice that He was not "just a great man" but truly the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD. How often do I think that He died for me and for my sins and He's mine all mine. All of those things are true, He is mine and He did die for my sins but He truly died for EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. The gospel is not just for the middle/upper class white american its for the poor homeless man in San Francisco, and the businessman traveling back and forth to asia and it is for the CEO in South Africa trying to make it and the young children in Russia living in an orphanage. It is truly GOOD NEWS to those people who have not heard.
This also bring to mind the many americans who have grown up in the church especially the Bible Belt who for so long have relied on "Mamma and Grandmamas" faith that they have yet to make it their own. How true this statement can be for them when they no longer believe because of what they have heard but now they have truly experienced Him and His grace.
Oh how sweet - His grace - Amazing Grace.

John 4:23-24 " Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TLW - FINALLY ! ! !
    You are such a Godly young woman and God blesses me daily with your walk.
    I Love You so much and am sooooo thankful that God chose me to be your Mommy.
    Hugs, Mom
    xoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TL,
    do you still want Bama tickets? Let me know at faith 2night.
    Terri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home