Back Porch Conversations

Psalm 71:14-16 But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness,of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Quick verse ...

After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. " (Genesis 15:1)

I could write for days on all the comfort this brings to me ... Real quick (I am taking a break from writing papers to write about something that actually matters to me!) ... (1) the LORD says do not be afraid but He makes it personal He says Abrams name ... The Lord knows my name and wants to comfort me ... AMAZING!!! (2) He is my shield - He is going to be my protection, the thing between me and harm ... not hard times but even in those He will protect me and teach me (3) My reward - He is ALL that I need - HE is sufficient ... no matter what life brings my way as long as I get HIM what else could I want?!?!

Oh the comfort of this verse as I am bogged down by the weight of school ... PRAISE HIM!!!

My new favorite chorus:
"My chains are gone, I've been set FREE!!! My God my Savior has ransomed me, like a flood HIS mercy reigns, UNENDING LOVE, AMAZING GRACE ..."

Back to papers and projects ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home